To See How Sugarsync Compares To Dropbox: Read Our Comparison Review
Sugarsync Made Our List Of Cheapest & Best Photo Cloud Storage Options
People have a variety of reasons for seeking out offsite cloud storage solutions. The most important reason is protection of data. In this new media era, many individuals have amassed a large collection of videos, music files and photographs, and these data files cost money.
Businesses also have significant investments in software and work files that also need protecting. An online storage review should be useful in pointing out the strengths and weaknesses found with specific providers. On today’s market, Sugarsync is considered on of the most powerful cloud storage solutions.
What is Sugarsync – Try It For Free
Sugarsync is one of the most diversified cloud storage providers on the market. As its name indicates, file-syncing is one of its most important features. The product is very easy to use and comes with a wide array of useful features.
While the Sugarsync free service is no longer available (30-day free trial still exists), the product still carries a pricing that leaves the company very competitive with many of the other top cloud storage providers, unless the user is seeking unlimited storage space.
Who Needs Sugarsync?
Sugarsync’s target market is made up of novice users who have multiple devices and need the most powerful syncing solutions available. This particular provider may not be the most logical choice if the prospective user has vast amounts of data files and software to back-up. However, average users should find this product effective at addressing their needs.
Sugarsync is loaded with features that are both useful and easy to use. As long as users don’t run into storage space issues, these features cover the spectrum of what ordinary users require from a cloud storage company.
- Operating Systems Supported – Mac OS X and Windows
- Mobile App Platforms Supported – Android, Symbian, iOS and Windows Phone
- Backup Details – Multiple devices using desktop software, restoration capabilities, easy-to-use file version control (up to five versions), file sharing with access permissions to allow for collaboration.
- Security – file transfer encryption at 128-bit SSL, storage encryption adds another layer with a 256-bit AES encryption format
- Real-time Backup – Most cloud storage providers use scheduled backups. Sugarsync is one of the few cloud storage services that back up everything on a real-time basis.
- File Syncing – Fast file syncing is facilitated by the real-time backup process. You can access your files from any device and the file is automatically synced with the most current version.
- Customer Service Options – Email only. The customer service is fairly weak with this product.
Sugarsync Pricing Options
- 60GB – $7.49 per month or $74.99 annually
- 100GB – $9.99 per month or $99.99 annually
- 250GB – $24.99 per month or $249.99 annually
- Business Plans – start at 1000GB for $550 per year
Pros and Cons
- Pros – Easy-to-use file-syncing with unlimited file sizes, file-sharing that allows collaboration, real-time backups
- Cons – Inadequate customer service support, pricing plans that are inadequate for users with huge data files, only five file versions are saved.
Factors to Consider
With Sugarsync, the most important features are very apparent. Users who are considering this product need to consider three things.
- Simplicity of the Program – By most accounts, this product is very easy to use at every level. The interface is straightforward and most features are enacted with a couple of clicks of the mouse.
- Storage Limits – At 250GB, the most expensive plan is a bit skinny if people have accumulated years worth of digital files such as music and photos. Users need to give this close consideration.
- Collaboration – If users want to give access to multiple individuals with permission to edit/delete/copy files, this is a great product because of the ability to easily set permissions and email out sharing links.